“To promote state-of-the-art PCB technology and business in the country by mutual exchange of ideas and technical interactions arranged through Seminars, conferences etc., periodically.”
Objectives of the Association
- To promote learning and to advance education in the science and application of electronic packaging namely Printed Circuit and Inter-Connection Techniques
- To conduct educational training programmes on PCB technology for those interested by arranging systematic courses to such trainees with the help of recognised institution/industry, thus enabling IPCA to offer trained manpower to the PCB industry with a request to the Government to introduce inter-connect technology as a regular faculty in technical courses
- To increase the extent and disseminate the knowledge of Printed Circuit and interconnection Techniques; for which purpose, meetings may be held, trainings and demonstrations may be given, exhibitions and conferences may be promoted, papers, pamphlets, journals and other related writings may be published
- To collect and preserve literature, documents, recording or other writings whether published or not, any equipment or finished product which the committee may consider desirable to retain, and to make them available for reference, thereby to assist the knowledge, development and improvement of the science and application of Printed Circuit and inter-connection techniques
- To affiliate or join in association with any other charitable body, institution of professional society holding similar interest and objectives whether in India or abroad
- To maintain awareness of (and where appropriate, co-operate) in the activities of professional societies concerned with related electronic engineering technologies, for example, Hybrid and Microelectronics, Semiconductor Technology, etc.
- To uphold the good standing of the association and conduct its affairs in accordance with its Constitution as it is or as later amended
- To do all of other such lawful activities as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objectives
- To form a Steering Sub-committee of Suppliers representing the industry.
- To institute awards / felicitations by IPCA to recognise outstanding contribution in the field of Technology of Printed Circuits. The nominations for such awards shall be received, scrutinised and recommended by the Executive Committee
- To establish the IPCA Training Division to cater to the needs of the technical personnel on DESIGN, MANUFACTURE, ASSEMBLY AND TESTING of the PCB and allied industries by conducting Training courses in all such faculties.
- To introduce specialised, hands-on Training course on DESIGNERS (Level 1) and to follow further with same type of training courses on TQM and Acceptability of Printed Circuits, Assembly, Soldering practices, etc. in due course of time
- To conduct IPCA Expo every year of its own accord.
- To enroll more contract manufacturers as members of IPCA.
- To bring in environmental awareness in the process and discipline of PCB manufacture.
- To implement lead-free technology, RoHS so as to make the manufacture of PCB a greener technology free of industrial pollution and use of hazardous substances in the process.
- To attempt collaborative efforts for bringing in latest HDI technology in PCB manufacture with adequate technology and infrastructure updates at the earliest.